Yesterday I received a phone call from my brother. He told me he had gotten a call from his boss/friend about a mutual family friend of ours. Bobby and Beth's only daughter was declared brain dead. "What happened?!?! How?!?! She was still so young." Was all I could think. He said that she had been sick for a week and then it all of a sudden turned extremely critical. Later, I found out a few more details about Kaitlin. She had been home for a week with a fever and throwing up. I think maybe even a few more symptoms, but that was all I found. She was at the local hospital and when things turned, she was flown to Cooks Children's hospital in Fort Worth, TX. The doctors ran some tests and said there was nothing they could do. Of course, being people of faith, her parents sought prayers for a miracle. I was one of those praying for a miracle for Kaitlin. She was only 16. Last night, around 11:15, her parents had her life support turned off. I couldn't sleep. However, I am a Christian and firmly believe she is up in Heaven right now dancing with Jesus. Kaitlin was a beautiful girl, inside and out. She had a full life. She was young and will be missed. But she was a woman of God. And she let everyone know it whether by words or actions.
Life is so precious. Give your kids an extra hug and kiss as you tuck them in to bed tonight. Tell them you love them just one more time. And don't forgot the other people you love. I know I won't. I am going to be more mindful to make sure my children know that I love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment